Due to popular demand, teamLab: Continuity has been extended through Monday, Feb. 28, and tickets are on sale! This is your last chance to experience this fan-favorite exhibition — don’t miss out! To ensure everyone has a chance to experience teamLab: Continuity, we’ve also expanded our daily hours — including an additional late night on Saturdays. Tickets sell out, so be sure to plan ahead. Buy tickets.
New hours through Feb. 28:
Thu: 12–9 PM
Fri: 10 AM–6 PM
Sat: 10 AM–9 PM
Sun–Mon: 10 AM–6 PM
Member viewing hours:
Fri: 9–10 AM & 6–7 PM
Sat–Mon: 9–10 AM
Become a member today!
At teamLab: Continuity, you will find yourself immersed in a wondrous ecosystem of lush imagery drawn from nature and East Asian art that dynamically evolves around you. Sumptuous images of inky crows and fluorescent flowers, fluttering butterflies and darting fish propel you to wander, to pause, and to marvel.
Tokyo-based international collective teamLab is renowned for its interactive, interconnected digital artworks that dissolve boundaries between artwork and viewer, inside and outside, and art and technology.
“Everything exists in a long, fragile yet miraculous borderless continuity of life,” says teamLab founder Toshiyuki Inoko.
For teamLab, technology is a means rather than an end. Your experience is not about the digital realm but instead about the natural world — portrayed as a pulsing, transforming, interconnected ecosystem — and your place in it.
“Intoxicating. . . . Unimaginably beautiful.” — San Francisco Chronicle
“A dazzling wonderland!” — San Francisco Examiner
“Sophisticated. . . . Ingenious” — The Wall Street Journal
Image: Installation view of teamLab: Continuity, 2021, Asian Art Museum of San Francisco. © teamLab, courtesy of Pace Gallery.
teamLab: Continuity FAQ
Get the Most out of Your teamLab Experience
- Arrive 30 minutes before your reserved entry time to participate in teamLab: Sketch Ocean located in the Shriram Learning Center. Color in a sea creature, scan it, and watch it join hundreds of others in the floor-to-ceiling digital aquarium. Then see it swim in teamLab: Continuity. Learn more about Sketch Ocean.
- teamLab: Continuity is both immersive and interactive. We encourage you to move around the rooms and touch the images: this will trigger flowers to slowly bloom, butterflies to flit at your feet, fish to dart around you, crows to burst into flowers, and more. Read the labels accompanied by visuals in the pavilion lobby for details about how each artwork responds to interactions.
- Want stellar photos inside the exhibition? We suggest wearing all white or all black and using long exposure for the best effect. Then share the results on social with hashtags #teamLabContinuity and #MuseumDifferently. Tag @asianartmuseum and your photo might be featured on our social media channels!
- The exhibition does not include strobe lights, but some rooms might feel disorienting at first. If this happens, we recommend standing in one place and concentrating on a single focal point to get your bearings.
- The exhibition includes dramatic audio (approximately 85–90 decibels, similar to an action movie). Noise-dampening headphones are available upon request at the entrance of the exhibition at no additional charge.
- Please note that floral scents are part of the exhibition.
- After you exit the exhibition, be sure to stop in the pavilion’s Wilbur Foundation Gallery to see a mural by Chanel Miller. Keep an eye out for signs to find your way.